Tuesday 7 February 2012

You're brainwashed, the TV told me!

I met a man yesterday who has similar characteristics to the man I told you about in my last post. 

I was talking to him about salvation, and he said, "I don't mean to be rude, but you're brainwashed!" Naturally you would expect someone who makes a claim like that to go through all the supposed reasons I have for my beliefs, and show that they are demonstrably false, and he should help me to see how irrational I'm being.  So did he?  No!

He didn't show me that there was something wrong in my reasoning that the universe coming into existence requires a cause outside of the universe. He didn't show me the flaw in my reasoning that the information in the DNA implies an intelligent designer. He didn't try to explain that our recognition of objective moral values and duties points to a good and righteous God to whom we are accountable. He didn't show me that the many fulfilled prophecies of the Messiah were not indications of an omniscient, omnipotent, loving God who sent His Son to die for our sins. He didn't show me that evidence for the resurrection of Christ was bogus. He didn't explain how my own personal experience with the Lord, and the difference He's made in my life and in the lives of others is a delusion.

What did he point to in order to support his claim that I'm brainwashed? He saw on the TV that it's not true! Oh, well then! If it was on the telly it must be right, because everything that you hear on the TV is unbiased, objective fact without any agenda or spin! Riiiiiight!  Who is brainwashed here?

I hope anyone reading this will do more than watch the TV or do a google search in their search for the truth. Examine the Bible for yourself, read the records of the life of Christ, seek the Lord while He may be found (Isaiah 55 v 6)